ProfileSurrounded by the breathtaking Sydney harbour and moments from every modern convenience you can imagine, the Sydney CBD offers world-class commercial property. From a commercial real estate perspective the Sydney CBD consists of six well-defined precincts. These precincts have been created organically by commercial property professionals to help manage the sheer size of the Sydney market.
Starting at Circular Quay and move clockwise, the precincts are CBD Core, Mid-town, Southern CBD, Western Corridor, Barangaroo and The Rocks. North Sydney is another key precinct, although it doesn’t formally sit inside Sydney’s CBD boundaries.
The Sydney CBD with its unparalleled lifestyle is a place where today’s educated professionals want to work and live. Locating your office in the heart of cosmopolitan Sydney not only puts your business amid the world’s largest corporate powerhouses, it can help attract and retain top talent.
Here are our top five lifestyle reasons to rent office space in the Sydney CBD.
1. Transport: Easily accessible public transport is very important to workers. With Sydney’s rail system converging in the City Circle, the CBD is within easy reach of commuters from all over Greater Sydney and outer areas like the Blue Mountains, Illawarra and Central Coast.
Sydney’s connectivity is set to improve with the NSW State Government’s ambitious infrastructure plans. Under the Sydney Metro rail program the Rouse Hill in the north- west will be linked directly to Bankstown via the CBD. New stations are touted for Barangaroo, Martin Place and Pitt Street (near Park Street) easing congestion at established stations like Town Hall, Wynyard and Circular Quay.
1. Retail: Leasing an office in Sydney gives your staff access to seemingly endless retail options. Shoppers can to soak up the historic ambience of The Queen Victoria Building and Strand Arcade or pursue designer labels at the ultra-modern Westfield Sydney.
The Pitt Street mall is home to Australia’s best loved chain stories like Country Road, Sportsgirl and Zara, not to mention Myer’s Sydney flagship store.
At Martin Place Prestige jewellers like Tiffany and Rolex congregate along side haute couture outlets such as Emporio Armani and Brooks Brothers Menswear.
2. Culture: Taking an office rental in the Sydney CBD puts your business centre stage amongst a smorgasbord of venues and performance spaces including iconic Opera House, The Recital Hall in Angel Place, the historic State Theatre on Market Street and the Theatre Royal in the MLC Centre.
Visual arts fans will be enticed by the Art Gallery of NSW, The Museum of Contemporary Art and the SH Ervin Gallery in the Rocks.
With a number of festivals such as Vivid and the Sydney Festival happening throughout the year, CBD workers will never want for a cerebral distraction.
3. Dining and Nightlife: The Sydney CBD has a restaurant and café culture to rival the world’s best. From exclusive ‘three hat rated’ establishments Quay, Rockpool, The Bridge Room and Sephia through to cheery ‘hole in the wall’ cafes, Sydney offers great dining experiences for every budget.
For those wanting to ‘kick on’ the Sydney CBD has a vibrant pub and night club scene. The Rocks offers charming old style pubs whilst The Establishment and The Ivy cater to Sydney’s glamazons. Renting an office in Sydney means that your staff will be spoiled for choice when it comes to after work drinks.
4. Sports/Fitness: Sydneysiders pride themselves on their healthy outdoor lifestyle. The Botanic Gardens is always full of workers getting out for a lunchtime run or power walk. Similarly The Domain hosts daily corporate sporting competitions for desk jockeys keen to get active.
In the summer months frazzled workers can cool off in the famous Andrew Boy Charlton pool or the Cook and Phillip Aquatic Centre.
With all this on offer, renting an office in the Sydney CBD is a savvy choice for progressive businesses who want to attract the very best talent by creating a vibrant work/life culture.
Image credit - "Sydney City" by Wyncliff via Creative Commons